Sycamore Hills Golf Club
11836 Covington Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46814
- Golf Shop (2000 sq. ft.)
- Grass Tees (Three totaling 2.5 acres of bent grass)
- Bays with Mats (17 total hitting slots with artificial turf – 12 outside plus 5 under roof)
- Accurate Yardage Measurements on Tees to Targets
- Short Game Practice Area
- Synthetic Putting Green
- Grass Putting Green
- Covered Areas
- Indoor Simulator
- Ball Flight Monitor
- 2500 square foot Golf Academy building with roll top doors and radiant heat for each hitting bay
- Artificial putting surface with six putting cups
- True Stretch Cage
- Rest Room Facilities
- Bag Storage
- Club Repair room with two Mitchell Loft & Lie machines, refrigerator with bottled water, and food/snack/beverage prep area
Type of Range Targets:
- Built-up Greens
- Fairway Cuts
- Posts for pitching yardages
- Six target nets
- Each target flag has a 3ft. radius PVC pipe circle
Number of PGA Professional Instructors: Five total Instructors featuring three PGA Members and two female instructors.
Clubfitting services provided.
Total number of visits to range per year: 22,000
Number of range balls dispensed on range per year: 1.2 Million
Number of range balls in inventory: 40,000
New balls are acquired: Two or three (depending upon weather/loss) 500 dozen Pro V1 shipments per year. So, 12,000 to 18,000 per season.
Best range promotion:
COVID certainly changed our ‘normal mode of business’! However, this did present some opportunities for corporate meeting outside at our practice facility. We were able to conduct some corporate golf practice facility meetings that included food & beverage, TrackMan and light instruction in a safe environment.
The Indiana Golf Office began a Women’s Golf Initiative sponsored by Vera Bradley Corporation, a local Fort Wayne company. The initiative was centered around getting more women in workplace to pick up the great game of golf. Sycamore Hills Golf Club hosted the first of three state wide events. The clinic included a cocktail half hour before golf instruction. This clinic brought in 24 local working women excited to learn the game of golf!