Oak Marr Golf Center
3136 Jermantown Rd
Oakton, Virginia 22124
- Grass Tees (15)
- Bays with Mats (78)
- Accurate Yardage Measurements on Tees to Targets
- Short Game Practice Area
- Lighting for Night Use
- Grass Putting Green
- Covered Areas
- Heated Bays (30)
- Golf Shop (2300 sq. ft.)
- Food & Beverage
Type of Range Targets:
- Fairway Cuts
- Target Nets
- Barber Poles
Number of PGA Professional Instructors: 2
Number of LPGA Professional Instructors: 1
Clubfitting services provided.
Total number of visits to range per year: 228,633
Number of range balls dispensed on range per year: 11,984,520
Number of range balls in inventory: 75,000
New balls are acquired: Semi-Annually
Best range promotion:
- Oak Marr ran a range special on our 20 and 40 bucket range passes. The sale yielded $146,604 in sales of range passes, and 1315 total passes sold, an increase of 45% in sales when compared to the same time the previous year.Marketing Efforts for Range Pass Sale
Email campaigns to both our Oak Marr subscriber list of 7,244 as well as our Golf Fairfax list that consists of 47,362.
- These emails yielded an average 40% open rate
- Digital Marketing advertising on-site at Oak Marr Golf
- Paid social media ads Promotion on social media @GolfFairfax Twitter, @FairfaxParks Twitter, @FairfaxParks Facebook and Instagram
- Impressions – 253,588
- Views – 88,054
- Web link clicks – 3036
- Website promotion on Golf Fairfax home page, Oak Marr Golf home page, Oak Marr Range home page, Golf Fairfax practice facility page
- Cross promotion at neighboring facilities via signage, electronic signage, Oak Marr RECenter, Oak Marr Farmers Market
- Ads in Parktakes Magazine (the Park Authority’s printed class and camp catalog sent to 200,000 subscribers)
Oak Marr attended the local Vienna Oktoberfest this year. This event welcomed 10,000 local community members, businesses, and organizations, beer and food vendors and was a hugely successful as the event was cancelled in 2020. Our booth, located in the Kid’s Zone offered golf games and prizes, free buckets of balls, marketing materials, and we talked to 1000s kids and parents to spread the word about Oak Marr and its amenities.
In the month of August, we offered Family Golf Month – free golf for kids with a paying adult! We welcomed 100s of new junior golfers and helped to introduce and foster a love of the game for families.
We work with local high schools to host their golf teams for play and practice, it has a been a great way to connect with teens and introduce them to Oak Marr.
Everybody Golf School partnered with the City of Falls Church to provide summer camps to youth to as they do not have golf facilities. We hope to expand this partnership to other neighboring cities/counties that do not have golf as an option for youth.
We have created a welcoming atmosphere to dispel myths and promote diversity, fun, and to appeal to all levels of golfers. It is so cool to see the new wave of golfers at the range, youth, women, millennials; it’s a joy to see people dressed casually with a few clubs ready to hit the range and start their golf journey.
We’ve implemented an etiquette brochure to help welcome beginner and returning golfers. It was fun and filled with what to do to have fun and follow the rules rather than a list of what NOT to do. We’ve had very positive feedback on this effort.