Carlsbad Golf Center
Dana Chaiken, Co-owner
2711 Haymar Drive
2711 Haymar Drive Carlsbad, California 92010
- Bays with Mats (58 bays including 15 that are dual left/right hand hitting)
- Accurate Yardage Measurements on Tees to Targets
- Short Game Practice Area
- Lighting for Night Use
- Synthetic Putting Green
- Grass Putting Green
- Golf Shop (2,500 Sq. Ft. golf shop plus additional building on tee line for custom clubfitting)
- Food & Beverage
- Ball Flight Monitor
Type of Range Targets:
- Built-up Greens
- Bulls-eye targets (16) in variety of colors and placed at varied distances up to 250 yards
- Barrels near tee line for chipping/pitching
Number of PGA Professionals: 12
Clubfitting services provided.
Number of range balls dispensed on range per year: Approx. 7 million
Number of range balls in inventory: 45,000 to 60,000 depending on time of year
New balls are acquired: Purchase quarterly, but constantly adding new balls fed through clubfitting sessions. Pull out bad balls daily.
Best range promotion: The goal for this year was to give people many reasons to come to the facility and be engaged. The best range promotion was a series of FREE events and promotions that were not monetized immediately, but created good will and customer loyalty that translate to future sales. These events included: setting up mini-golf on the putting green 2-3/mo and encouraging people to bring kids; offering “Practice with a Pro” sessions that required people to purchase range balls to get their free lesson tips; huge one & two-day Demo Days, Individual club brand demo days, Short Game Demo Day, and Juniors Only Demo Day; intro-to-golf classes for adult beginners; fun contests such as Marshmallow Chipping and golf rules challenge; loft/lie checks, driver spec checks and launch monitor testing; canned food drive (each item donated = $2 range bucket credit); blood drive where each donor got a free bucket of range balls; and had a booth at LPGA Kia Classic and handed out coupons for free range buckets.
- Blood Drive (annually since 2003 and sometimes twice per year, so several hundred pints of blood collected)
- Canned Food Drive (annually each December). Each item donated = $2 credit toward range buckets (can even get free buckets with enough donations)
- Donate to every charity or organization that asks (300+ last year). Give a gift certificate and flyer they can distribute that has free bucket of range balls offer
- PGA Southern California, we partner with their Neighborhood Golf program to donate coupons for free buckets of range balls they hand out at nearby events
- Fundraise for Pro Kids/The First Tee of San Diego by selling tickets to local PGA & LPGA tournaments.
- Host facility of the North County Junior Golf Association. Each child NCJGA member gets a free $20 range card at our facility
- Hosted a local qualifier for inaugural Drive, Chip & Putt competition and had 160 kids compete (had to close the range for the day)
- Discounted or free range balls to local Special Olympics, The First Tee, and programs for troubled kids