Burke Lake Golf Center
6915 Ox Road
Fairfax Station, Virginia 22039
- Bays with Mats (64)
- Accurate Yardage Measurements on Tees to Targets
- Short Game Practice Area
- Lighting for Night Use
- Grass Putting Green
- Covered Areas
- Golf Shop (4200 sq. ft.)
- Heated Bays (24)
- Food & Beverage
Type of Range Targets:
- Bullseye targets
Number of PGA Professional Instructors: 1
Number of LPGA Professional Instructors: 1
Clubfitting services provided.
Total number of visits to range per year: 74000
Number of range balls dispensed on range per year: 3500000
Number of range balls in inventory: 30000
New balls are acquired: semi annually
Best range promotion:
Burke Lake ran a range special on our 20 and 40 bucket range passes in early July. The sale yielded $79,872 in sales of range passes, and 751 total passes sold which made for a strong start to our fiscal year as well as perfect timing for our customers and the summer season.
Marketing Efforts for Range Pass Sale
- Email campaigns to both our Burke Lake’s subscriber list of 8,211 as well as our Golf Fairfax list that consists of 47,362.
- These emails yielded an average 41% open rate
- Digital Marketing advertising on-site at Burke Lake Golf
- Paid social media ads Promotion on social media @GolfFairfax Twitter, @FairfaxParks Twitter, @FairfaxParks Facebook and Instagram
- Impressions – 253,588
- Views – 88,054
- Web link clicks – 3036
- Website promotion on Golf Fairfax home page, Burke Lake Golf home page, Burke Lake Range home page, Golf Fairfax practice facility page
- Cross promotion at neighboring facilities via signage, electronic signage, South Run RECenter, Burke Farmers Market
- Ads in Parktakes Magazine (the Park Authority’s printed class and camp catalog sent to 200,000 subscribers)
- Shared messaging with our golf-industry partners and affiliates
Burke offers tournaments throughout the year that have a been a big hit with our golf community. Highlights include our Junior Championship, Father’s Day tournament and Shot in the Dark (complete with glow balls and sticks)!
We offer a Junior discount program that gives kids and teens 5-17 a buy one get one free bucket each day as well 35% off greens fees. We also give a way Junior swag and are in the process of developing a Junior Loyalty program.
Along with National Golf Month, in the month of August, we offered Family Golf Month – free golf for kids with a paying adult! We welcomed 100s of new junior golfers and helped to introduce and foster a love of the game for families.
We work with local high schools to host their golf teams for play and practice, it has a been a great way to connect with teens and introduce them to Burke.
In June, in celebration of Women’s Golf Month Burke gave free buckets of balls to women all month. We also kicked off Nine & Wines and gave free goody bags out filled with all the supplies needed to get the ball rolling!
We have created a welcoming atmosphere to dispel myths and promote diversity, fun, and to appeal to all levels of golfers.
We love playing music on the range and having out TVs tuned to the latest golf match while grabbing a cold beer or wine and some chicken tenders. We offer a Happy Hour special during the week, $10 for a beer and a bucket of balls!
We’ve implemented an etiquette brochure to help welcome beginner and returning golfers. It was fun and filled with what to do to have fun and follow the rules rather than a list of what NOT to do. We’ve had very positive feedback on this effort.