The PGA of America has formed a new strategic alliance with Denver-based GolfTEC–the largest employer of PGA of America Professionals in the United States–wherein the world’s leading golf lessons provider is committed to ensuring future employment opportunities for PGA Professionals at its centers worldwide. GolfTEC will also consult and contribute to a variety of PGA programs, as well as provide select educational services.
The main tenants of this strategic alliance center on the two organizations working together to drive progress in key areas including:
- Employment – GolfTEC forecasts the addition of nearly 400-500 more PGA Professionals over the next five years, as the company continues on its significant growth trajectory.
- Education – GolfTEC will deliver custom content, keynote experts and an educational series across PGA Sections and PGA Golf Management Universities, relaying best practices, new teaching techniques and evolving technologies.
- Brand Impact – GolfTEC will widely showcase the PGA logo in national and regional advertising and promotional materials, highlighting the importance of PGA Professionals in golf instruction and club fitting.
- Technology – GolfTEC joins MIT® and Intertek® as one of a select group who will provide consultation on the new PGA Verified program, created to educate PGA members on their technology buying decisions. Over the past 20 years, GolfTEC has been an early adopter, innovator and advocate of the use of launch monitors, video analysis and other leading-edge instructional practices.
- Growth of the Game/Charitable Contributions – GolfTEC will not only promote national player development initiatives but has also named PGA REACH as its charity of choice for future fundraising promotions.
- Global Expansion – Global employment opportunities for PGA Professionals, as GolfTEC continues to grow internationally.
“Over the past two decades, GolfTEC has established itself as a leading force in golf instruction, with nearly six million lessons given through the employment of more PGA Professionals in the United States than any other brand,” says PGA President Derek Sprague. “Led by President, CEO and PGA member Joe Assell, GolfTEC enables consumers to rely upon and understand the great value and importance of connecting with the unique expertise of PGA Professionals.”
GolfTEC was founded in 1995, by PGA Professionals in Denver, and has steadily grown under the leadership of President and CEO Joe Assell, a Co-Founder and graduate of the Mississippi State PGA Golf Management University Program. The organization is responsible for providing more than 800,000 lessons annually and teaching 25 percent of all private instruction to core golfers in North America. It has expanded globally to nearly 200 locations, and the company’s renowned coaching staff is comprised of experienced PGA Professionals, most of whom have taught thousands of individual lessons.
“The PGA of America is the finest member organization in all of sports, and our PGA Professionals (Coaches) have played a vital role from the very beginning in helping GolfTEC become what it is today,” says Assell. “The PGA of America shares our vision of making golfers better who enjoy the game more and want to play as frequently as possible.”
Developing a comprehensive improvement plan for each student is the foundation of GolfTEC’s philosophy. This is embodied by GolfTEC’s Game Plan programs, which start with a Swing Evaluation and series of lessons taught by a GolfTEC-certified Coach and feature TECfit club fitting, video-based practice, advanced retention tools and outdoor playing lessons.
Each GolfTEC Coach goes through a rigorous multi-week internal training program that further enhances their ability to master the analysis of golf mechanics, the technology of the GolfTEC training system and the most productive teaching techniques.
Away from the company’s state-of-the-art centers, students can access their lessons and video – including their coach’s instructions and specific drills – through GolfTEC’s online Player Performance Center. Those seeking to access the data remotely can use their computer or the new GolfTEC To Go smart phone app.
Frequently Asked Questions
For a list of FAQ’s, please click here.
About the PGA of America
Celebrating its Centennial, the PGA of America represents the very best in golf. For more information about the PGA of America, visit PGA.org, follow @PGAofAmerica on Twitter, and find us on Facebook.
The world leader in golf lessons has a 96 percent success rate among its students. The more than 600 GolfTEC Certified Personal Coaches at nearly 200 centers worldwide, including more than 80 within Golfsmith® stores, have given nearly 6 million lessons since 1995. All lessons are based on the company’s “Five Factors:” Fact-Based Diagnosis, Sequential Lessons, Video-Based Practice, Advanced Retention Tools, and TECfit® club fitting. GolfTEC Improvement Centers can be found in almost all major U.S. cities, Canada, Japan and Korea. To date, the more than 600 GolfTEC Coaches in total work across a global network of GolfTEC Centers, consisting of both Corporate-owned and Franchise-owned locations and employees.
For more information, please visit golftec.com, or call at 877-446-5383.