Kids from across the world get ready! Little Linksters™, LLC, The Little Linksters™ Association for Junior Golf Development and The Littlest Golfer Inc. are pleased to announce the sixth installment of their Annual Best “Pee Wee” Golf Swing in the World Video Contest. This is the sixth straight year Little Linksters™, LLC, along with the Little Linksters™ Association for Junior Golf Development (501c3) and The Littlest Golfer, Inc., have hosted this kid-centric contest for children 8 years old and under. Once again this year, some very heavy hitters from the golf world have joined the cause, including the current World #1 men’s golfer Jordan Spieth, World #1 woman’s golfer, Lydia Ko, PGA Tour star Keegan Bradley, Golf Channel personality, Lauren Thompson and more.
The popular contest allows parents to upload a video to YouTube of their “Little Linksters” swing. Videos will be submitted over the following two months, and prizes will be awarded in four age groups-ranging from ages 3 to 8. Voting will be conducted by a panel of industry veterans and experts.
“We are ecstatic to have both the men’s and women’s #1 golfers in the world joining us this year,” explained PGA Professional Brendon Elliott, founder of Little Linksters™, LLC and Little Linksters™ Association for Junior Golf Development. “We are very humbled to have had such a recognized and esteemed celebrity panel of judges over the years, including Annika Sorenstam, Hank Haney, Kelly Sheehan, Lexi Thompson, Jim McLean, Win McMurry, Paula Creamer, Nicole Weller, Chuck Evans, Brittany Lincicome, Gary Player, Jack Nicklaus, Keegan Bradley, Mark Bradley, Allen Wronowski, Frank Nobilo and Holly Sonders. This year might take the cake in terms of our judges! To have Jordan and Lydia aboard this year is amazing” added Elliott. In last year’s contest, 200 entries poured in from over 14 countries from around the world.
Elliott, who was a US Kids Golf Top 50 Kids Teacher (2010, ’11 and ’12), a 2013 US Kids Golf Top 50 Master Kids Teacher, a four-time NFPGA Junior Golf Leader award winner (2011-14), as well as a three-time Top 50 Growth of the Game Teacher as named by the Golf Range Association, will lead the judging. He will be assisted by this year’s celebrity panel of judges, which is arguably one of the best assembled groups the contest has seen in its six years. Taking part in the 2015-2016 campaign:
• Jordan Spieth-Jordan is fresh off the heels of one of the greatest seasons in PGA Tour history. He reins as the current World #1 men’s golfer. Jordan is the 2015 PGA Tour Player of the Year, 2015 FedEx Cup Champion, 2015 Masters Champion, 2015 US Open Champion, #1 on the 2015 PGA Tour money list and boasts countless other accomplishments in this season to remember.
• Lydia Ko-This 18 year old phenome reins as the current World #1 women’s golfer. Earlier this year, Lydia became the youngest player, male or female, to hold the #1 World ranking in the history of the game at 17 years, 9 months and 8 days. She has 5 wins this season including the 2015 Evan Championship. Lydia’s 10 professional wins to date makes her the youngest player in the history of the game to reach that mark.
• Keegan Bradley-In the short time Keegan has been a PGA Tour professional, he has quickly risen to the top of the golf world. In 2011, Keegan won the PGA Championship and was named Rookie of the Year. He is and will likely be a Ryder Cup and President Cup member for many years to come.
• Mark Bradley, PGA-PGA professional at the Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club in Jackson, WY, Mark is the father of PGA Tour standout, Keegan Bradley.
• Lauren Thompson-A proud native of Central Florida, Lauren is a prominent Golf Channel personality. She is co-host of “Morning Drive”, the channel’s daily morning show. She formerly was a host of “Top Ten” and “Golf Now” (formerly “Destination Golf”), as well the “College Sports Minute.”
• Allen Wronowski, PGA-The 37th President of the PGA of America, Allen now serves as Honorary President of the largest working sports organization in the world. Allen recently retired from Hillendale Country Club in Phoenix, MD, where he served for 35 years. Allen now serves as the Director of Golf Development & Resources for the Folds of Honor Foundation, which provides scholarships to family members of service men and women who have died or were disabled while defending our country.
• Nicole Weller-Multiple award-winning PGA and LPGA professional. Most recently, Nicole was named the 2013 PGA and LPGA National Youth Player Development award winner. Nicole is the Director of Instruction at the Landings Club in Savannah, GA. Nicole is the author of Stick to Sports “Let’s Play Golf,” as well as the company’s new Golf Flash Card Game.
• Chuck Evans-Golf Magazine Top 100 Golf Instructor, Golf Digest Top Teacher in America, and the Face of Medicus Golf. Chuck is the author of the acclaimed golf book “How to Build Your Golf Swing.”
Parents are encouraged to participate in this contest by uploading a video (no longer than 60 sec) to YouTube of their “Little Linksters” swing. Once the video is posted to YouTube, parents must share that video link to the Contest Entry Form on the contest page on LittleLinksters.com. The contest entry period begins this Sunday, Nov. 1, 2015 and will run through Jan. 11, 2016. Contest registration, complete details and instructions are available at littlelinksters.com/best-pee-wee-golf-swing-in-the-world
Prize packages will be awarded in four age categories: Under 3; 3-4 year olds; 5-6 year olds; and 7-8 year olds. Each prize package is valued at more than $1,000 and includes items from some of the industry’s best children’s golf apparel, equipment and training aid companies:
• The Littlest Golfer gift pack
• U.S. Kids Golf Set of UL Clubs and other accessories
• Cleveland/Srixon gift pack
• Under Armor golf hat
• Golf training aids package
• Golfer’s Footprint
• Almost Golf play anywhere pack
• Athlete Nation online lessons
• Little Linksters™ Membership pack
• Sticks to Sports “Let’s Play Golf” Book & NEW “Match Play” Game
• My Mini Golf gift pack
• Swinggait Swing Trainer
• Star Putter Training Aid
• Exemption & Tournament Entry for each age group winner to the 2015 FCG World Championship in San Diego
• MORE TO COME!!!!
Winners will be announced at the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando at the Littlest Golfer Inc. booth.
The Little Linksters™ golf program in Central Florida is designed specifically for children ages 3 to 8 years old. The program is taught in a fun and interactive way, using both traditional and non-traditional instructional methods to ensure children’s first introduction to golf is FUN! The Little Linksters™ mascots Floppy, Birdie & Bogey are featured in the programs instructional coloring book and training aids.
The Little Linksters™ Association for Junior Golf Development, a 501c3 nonprofit in conjunction with AAU, is continuing to develop a national program that will enable teaching professionals from across the country to grow their business and the game of golf with a proven program that combines a child-friendly approach, a complete program curriculum, and uses items from some of the industry’s best training aid and junior golf equipment companies.
One of the Association’s newest projects, called G.O.A.L.S. (Golf Outreach Advances Life Skills) is specifically aimed at introducing children ages 3-12+ with special needs to the game of golf. In doing so, children will learn valuable life skills that will help them throughout their life. The Special Olympics of Central Florida is a proud partner of Little Linksters™ efforts with this program. Support of the G.O.A.L.S. program has also come from the Alliance for Accessible Golf as well as Jordan Spieth and the Jordan Spieth Family Foundation.
Other programming is in development through Little Linksters™ including a future partnership with the Girl Scouts of Citrus Council which serves some 15,000 girls throughout Central Florida. Little Linksters™ hopes to add additional programming in 2016 that will touch children ages 3-8 that are in economically challenged situations, enduring lengthy hospital stays due to chronic illnesses and other youngsters that may have never had an opportunity such as those that Little Linksters™ offers. “Golf is more than a game; it is a tool to teach young children so much more and we hope to use this tool to enhance the lives of as many children as possible explains Elliott, Little Linksters™ founder and Executive Director.
To help the nonprofit, Little Linksters Association for Junior Golf Development contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
To donate go to Little Linksters™ Year End DRIVE campaign go to: gofundme.com/LinkstersDRIVE
To become a corporate sponsor, contact Executive Director Brendon R. Elliott, PGA at email@example.com
For more information about the “Best Pee-Wee Golf Swing in the World” Video Contest or the Little Linksters™ Association for Junior Golf Development, please visit littlelinksters.com or contact Brendon Elliott at Brendon@LittleLinksters.com or by phone at (321) 278-1612.