For the 2nd straight year, the team of 12 from America’s most awarded golf complex will share the largest industry golf show in the world with their golfers. Last year, more than 15,000 golfers followed.
With a team of twelve staff members going back to the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando in January of this year, the Haggin Oaks Golf Super Shop team has decided to share the unique experience with their customer base in a whole new level for the second straight year. Armed with smart phones & i-Flip digital video cameras, the team will spend four days at the show updating a single live feed blog with all of the experiences that are witnessed and highlighting all of the new products that are coming out later in the spring. Last year’s live blog was followed closely by golfers across the country- but especially in Northern California when a Sacramento Bee article highlighted the social media initiative. Over 15,000 golfers ended up following the team’s every move back at the show.
The initiative is spearheaded by Morton Golf LLC Social Media Marketing Manager, Jennifer Morton. Morton utilizes a number of different social marketing platforms including:
The Golf In The City Blog: www.golfinthecityblog.com
• This is the “hub” of the consolidated activity
• One single blog post will be updated continuously with new posts as they are sent by the entire team. The blog will host pictures and video uploads with the newest information will appear at the top of the post.
The Haggin Oaks Twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/hagginoaks
• Live tweets of information as they are presented via text, video, email or photos
• A unique hashtag whenever possible for those following the show on Twitter
The Haggin Oaks website: http://www.hagginoaks.com/
• A scrolling news listing on the home page for “Live Coverage on the PGA Show in Orlando.”
• The site will also host an iFrame window from the blog that will give streaming content of the posts and news as the team sent it her way.
The Haggin Oaks Facebook account: http://www.facebook.com/hagginoaks
• One new daily post for the PGA show was made as the main post for the day – which will include an overview of the show or a few quick highlights from the day before.
• It will be updated with multiple posts with comments throughout the day to follow the team live on our blog and via twitter
• The general public can also use Facebook to ask the team questions about what they’d like to see or get any questions answered.
Managed by Morton Golf, the Haggin Oaks Golf Complex is located between Interstate 80 and Business 80 in Sacramento, 3645 Fulton Ave.
Ken Morton, Jr.