From FootJoy, the #1 Shoe in Golf, comes the next advancement in golf footwear – D.N.A. DryJoys Next Advancement. Featuring
the most comprehensive feature package ever delivered by FJ, D.N.A. footwear embodies the most proven elements of the world-renown DryJoys franchise with new, cutting-edge componentry and construction methodology. “To create the most feature-laden golf shoe in our storied history, we needed to explore the anatomy, or DNA, of our premium footwear products and then scrutinize every aspect throughout the design and development process,” said Doug Robinson, Vice President of Design and Development Worldwide. “Every material and every component was carefully considered in order to deliver a shoe with lightweight stability, a precise fit, superior feel and ultimate performance.”
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
· The 3D FoamCollar for COMFORT The 3D FoamCollar molds to your ankle for ideal comfort, fit and support. Locking your ankle in place eliminates any movement of the foot a situation that can lead to discomfort power-reduction during the swing.
· SnugFit Tongue for FIT The SnugFit tongue is engineered utilizing thin, soft, and breathable materials – including MicroVent technology- in order to properly conform to the top of your foot providing superb fit and an incredibly comfortable in-shoe environment.
· NitroThin TPU Outsole for STABILITY The all-new NitroThin TPU outsole has been in development for several years, undergoing numerous rounds of testing and technical modifications. The result is a super thin-yet-strong chassis that frames the soft, FTF internal midsole, delivering the perfect combination of rigidity and flexibility for maximum on-course performance.
· Xtra-Thick FTF FitBed® for Cushioning In order to achieve the sleek, low-profile look of D.N.A. , the midsole
was moved inside the shoe. FTF (Fine-Tuned Foam), a new proprietary cushioning material, is used throughout the interior midsole also known as the FitBed. In order to achieve in-shoe stability as well as premium cushioning, two densities of FTF were utilized – a firmer density for stability around the perimeter of the FitBed and a softer density in the heel and forefoot providing industry-leading in-shoe comfort.
· ChromoSkin Leather System by Pittards Finally, D.N.A. DryJoys Next Advancement features the all-new ChromoSkin Leather System by Pittards® of England, one of the premiere suppliers of high performance leather in the world. This unique full grain leather system is supple, lightweight, thin-yet-durable and completely waterproof. By using this premium leather, the wearer will experience tremendous
breathability and will find the upper will conform to their feet for an incredible custom fit.
As with every FJ product, D.N.A. golf shoes have received validation at the highest level. Several players received the shoe at the Presidents Cup and immediately wore it in competition, including Adam Scott and Webb Simpson. Adam Scott has worn D.N.A. golf shoes exclusively since September, including while competing at the 2013 Presidents Cup and during his three recent wins in Australia.
“D.N.A. is the most technologically advanced shoe FJ has ever produced and it embodies everything I am looking for in a golf shoe,” said the world’s #2 ranked player. “They actually activate my feet, giving me great balance throughout my swing.”
Webb Simpson has also been wearing D.N.A. shoes since the Presidents Cup.
“You want a golf shoe that is comfortable and stable, and this gives you both. The new technology in the tongue and heel collar allows the shoe to mold to your foot, giving the golfer everything they will need on the course.”
The launch of D.N.A. DryJoys Next Advancement will be supported by broadcast, print and digital advertising featuring several Tour players
and an “inside” look at what makes the new D.N.A. shoe from FootJoy so unique.
MSRP: $220/$240 BOA
AVAILABILITY: February 15, 2014
COLOR WAYS: white/off white, white/liquid electric green, white/liquid red, white/liquid navy, grey/liquid orange, black/liquid grey and white/liquid grey featuring the BOA Lacing System.
Sr. Manager, Consumer Marketing – FootJoy