Thousands of PGA Professionals, golf buyers, manufacturers and industry leaders are in Las Vegas for day two of the 2016 PGA Fashion & Demo Experience, 8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m., at The Venetian. Events for Tuesday, Aug. 16, include exhibits and demonstrations by more than 200 companies and brands; exhibitor special events, contests and guest appearances; the PGA Fashion & Demo Experience Live Fashion Show featuring top golf designers; the Opening Night Reception on the Show floor and a new After-Hours Industry Event at Topgolf Las Vegas.
The PGA Fashion & Demo Experience continues with a comprehensive schedule of events on Wednesday, Aug. 17, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., at The Venetian.
Golf industry professionals may register onsite. The PGA Fashion & Demo Experience is an industry-only event and is not open to the general public. Further registration details are available at PGALasVegas.com.
On Monday, Aug. 15, the event kicked off with a a full-field Pro-Pro Tournament, the PGA Outdoor Demo Experience, a short-game instructional workshop by 2016 PGA Teacher of the Year Mike Adams, plus live music and a barbecue a Cascata Golf Club. Additionally, The Venetian was the host venue to certification programs by the PGA of America and Flightscope, plus the Association of Golf Merchandisers (AGM) Product Preview and Reception.
“It’s great to have an opportunity to play the Pro-Pro Tournament prior to the PGA Fashion & Demo Experience in Las Vegas,” said Joseph Grohman, PGA Head Professional at Navy Golf Course in Seal Beach, Calif., the 2013 Southern California PGA Section PGA Golf Professional of the Year. “The golf course (Cascata Golf Club) was great and the tournament was run professionally. It was just a great day – we were able to come right off the golf course and participate in the Demo Day, where we saw and tested what’s new in equipment and technology. All in all, just a great day.”
“I love the Demo Day here in Las Vegas because you can hit all the new equipment and spend more one-on-one time with the manufacturers’ reps and they have more time to spend with you,” said Titus Matthews, who made the journey to Las Vegas from Heritage Bay Golf Club in Naples, Florida. “The timing of the Las Vegas PGA Show is perfect for us because it’s our slow time at the course.”
Golf enthusiasts may follow all the action of new product introductions, industry announcements, celebrity appearances and special events at PGALasVegas.com; with reports at PGA.com and in Golf Channel news programming during Morning Drive and Golf Central. Additionally, all the action will be covered extensively on PGA Golf Shows social media platforms, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Schedule of Events for Tuesday, Aug. 16
Show Floor of the PGA Fashion & Demo Experience
8:30 a.m. – 7 p.m., Level 5, Palazzo Ballroom of The Venetian
• The hottest fashion trends and newest accessory collections, plus the latest equipment and technology, from more than 200 companies and brands will be exclusively showcased on a dynamic Show Floor, featuring a wide array of exhibits, a buyer networking lounge, New Product Showcase, sponsored by Tee Tree, Fashion Row, Fashion Lounge, a PGA Member Business Center and a VIP Buyer Lounge.
PGA Secretary Candidates Events
(PGA Member-Only Event)
11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m., Level 4, Marcello 4402
• PGA Secretary Candidates Russ Libby, Rick Murphy and Jim Richerson will share their platforms and address membership questions in a PGA Candidates Forum on Tuesday, Aug. 16, at 11:30 a.m., open to PGA Members only. The formal election for PGA Secretary will occur during the PGA Annual Meeting in New York City this November. Learn more about the candidates at www.PGALasVegas.com/candidates.
Live Fashion Show
5 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., Level 5, Palazzo Ballroom
• The PGA Fashion & Demo Experience Live Fashion Show, presented by ClubWear, will showcase many of the latest golf lifestyle collections by the industry’s top designers and will be emceed by Bailey Mosier, Golf Channel host, reporter and writer.
Opening Night Reception
5:30 – 7 p.m., Level 5, Palazzo Ballroom
• Immediately following the Live Fashion Show, all registered event attendees are invited to the Opening Night Reception, featuring complimentary wine, beer and light hors d’oeuvres in a social, lively atmosphere on the Show Floor. Exhibitor booths will be open for business during this networking event for buyers to enjoy the extended hours to explore, browse, and discuss all the latest finds the Show Floor has to offer.
After-Hours Industry Event at Topgolf Las Vegas
7:30 – 10 p.m., Topgolf Las Vegas
• During the new After-Hours Industry Event at Topgolf Las Vegas, PGA Fashion & Demo Experience guests will be able to explore the full 105,000 square-foot entertainment venue, the largest Topgolf venue to date, occupying eight acres just off The Strip.
• PGA Show attendees, presenting their event badges inside the Birdie Bar & Lounge on Level 2, will receive a complimentary drink ticket, along with light hors d’oeuvres and can enjoy reserved climate-controlled bays, on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Complimentary shuttle transportation will be provided to Topgolf, beginning at 7 p.m., from The Venetian, with the last bus returning from Topgolf to the Venetian at 10:30 p.m.
• Sponsors – Supporting: Under Armour and October Golf Gear | Featured Vendors: Zero Friction, Premier Glow and Wellness Interactive
2016 PGA Fashion & Demo Experience
The PGA Fashion & Demo Experience, Aug. 15-17, 2016, in Las Vegas, is a golf merchandising, product testing and professional education event, exclusively for golf industry professionals and golf lifestyle apparel retailers, presented in a modern, sophisticated setting and organized by the PGA of America and PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions. In addition to product presentations by more than 200 companies and brands, the annual industry event features a Pro-Pro Tournament, PGA Outdoor Demo Experience, Fashion Show, Industry Reception and Education Conference. Event details and registration are available at PGALasVegas.com.