A full schedule of educational programming was announced for the 2017 PGA Fashion & Demo Experience in Las Vegas, Aug. 14–16. Industry experts will present topics ranging from instruction best practices and employment growth initiatives to retail success and business solutions. Detailed descriptions of education sessions, instructor biographies and online registration are now available at PGALasVegas2017.com/Education . Attendees can save up to 30 percent during early registration, which runs through July 15.
The 2017 Education Conference features daily keynote sessions, certification programs and more than 20 classroom seminars. Educational programming will focus on the areas of instruction, leadership, golf fitness, retail and marketing. PGA Professionals are able to earn more than 20 MSR credits, through participation in PGA Education and PGA Fashion & Demo Experience programs.
“Professional development opportunities are an important aspect of our industry gathering at the PGA Fashion & Demo Experience,” said PGA of America Senior Director of Education and Organizational Development Dawes Marlatt, PGA. “Conference speakers represent the best in our industry, and the topics are timely to help PGA Professionals address growth opportunities and learn new, practical business solutions.”
PGA Fashion & Demo Experience Education Conference
Monday, Aug. 14 — The Venetian
8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- FlightScope Academy Professional Certification
- Stephen Aumock and Alex Trujillo, FlightScope
9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- CPP 2.0 Kick Start Certification Program
- Todd Sammons, PGA, Director of Education, PGA of America
Tuesday, Aug. 15
9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. — The Venetian
- Keynote: Characteristics of PGA Members Sought after by Top Employers
- Executive Panel Moderated by John Easterbrook, PGA, Chief Membership Officer, PGA of America
- What Drives Your Club’s Financial and Operational Health?
Henry DeLozier, Global Golf Advisors
- The Body Swing Connection
- Dave Phillips, Co–Founder, TPI
- PGA Professional Marketing Success — Best Practices
- Cary Cavitt, PGA Life Member
- How To Increase Tournament Business
- Phil Immordino, GTAA
- Psychological Tools Used in Teaching and Coaching
- Alison Curdt, PGA/LPGA
- Are You A Glider, Spinner or Launcher?
- Mike Adams, 2016 PGA Teacher of the Year
- Dr. Scott Lynn
- Visual Merchandising: Focusing On Your Focal Points
- Andrea Rowan, AGM Education Team
- Junior Golf – Engagement & Development
- Eric Hogge, PGA
- What To Expect When Interviewing For A Selection Committee
- Kirk Reese, CCM
Wednesday, Aug. 16
8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. — The Venetian
- Keynote: Best Business Practices of Award-Winning Panel:
2016 PGA Teacher of the Year Mike Adams
- 2011 PGA Teacher of the Year Mike Malaska
- 2015 LPGA & 2016 Southern California PGA Section Teacher of the Year Alison Curdt
- Moderator: Dawes Marlatt, PGA Senior Director of Education and Organizational Development
- Golf Like All Sports Relate to Each Other
- Mike Malaska, PGA, 2011 Teacher of the Year
- Growing from Director of Golf to General Manager
- Kurt D. Kuebler, CCM and Thomas B. Wallace III, CCM Kopplin Kuebler & Wallace
- The Fundamentals of Diversity & Inclusion
- Sandy Cross, Senior Director of Diversity & Inclusion, PGA of America
- What are the Strategic KPI’s Appropriate to Measure Your Value?
- Tim Marks, PGA and Don Sweeting, PGA, CMAA
- PGA of America Employment Services
- A Roadmap to Marketing & Programming Your Successful Golf Fitness Program
- Dillon Johnson, PTAG-CPT, TPI-FP3, TPI-Juniors -2
- How to Transform Your Teaching Business Through the Coaching Programs Model
- Will Robins, PGA
Registration — Online, Early Savings & Single Sessions
Registration for the educational offerings at the PGA Fashion & Demo Experience is now available at PGALasVegas2017.com/Education. Single-session, single-day and full-conference pricing options are available, with up to 30 percent early savings through July 15, 2017. Session attendance capacity is limited, and registration is on a space-available basis.
About the PGA Fashion & Demo Experience:
The PGA Fashion & Demo Experience, Aug. 14–16, 2017, in Las Vegas, is an annual merchandise sourcing, product testing, industry networking and professional education event, exclusively for golf industry professionals. Event details and registration are available at PGALasVegas.com.
PGA Worldwide Golf Exhibitions/Media: Sherry Major, (305) 318-5208, firstname.lastname@example.org
PGA of America/Media: Michael Abramowitz, (561) 389-4647, email@example.com