Key Product Details
- Product Availability Date: 4/13 (this Friday)
- Pricing: $149.99 each
- Available at retail by custom order or through Callawaygolf.com
Mack Daddy 4 sets the standard for wedge performance by combining innovative technologies with premium components. It’s the finest collaboration yet between industry legend Roger Cleveland and Callaway R&D, and was influenced heavily by Tour pro input. And our new premium Raw finish is preferred by many of the world’s best players.
New Groove-in-Groove Technology for More Spin
Callaway’s proprietary Groove-In-Groove Technology combines a unique suite of features to provide more shot-stopping spin. The main grooves are saw-cut and horizontal milled to precise tolerances. The lower lofted wedges (52º and below) feature a 20D groove for consistent spin on fuller shots, while the higher lofted wedges (54ºand above) feature an aggressive 5D groove for maximum control out of the rough and around the green. The 16-groove configuration includes our extra “Nip-It” groove near the leading edge for added control, especially on short shots.
The Micro-Positive surface roughness, milled into the flat parts of the face, features three raised micro-ridges, extending the length of the hitting area, with micro-grooves between the ridges that help grab the ball’s cover to increase spin significantly on a variety of shots. This combination of grooves plus micro-grooves provides 84 different contact points to grab the cover.
All Mack Daddy 4 grooves are 100% inspected with a digital stylus and special software to ensure the tightest tolerance within the USGA rules.
- The Mack Daddy 4 is the most rigorously tested and Tour-validated wedge we’ve ever offered. Roger Cleveland’s tireless work on Tour refining shapes, soles, grinds and camber led to a more compact shape, straighter leading edge, tighter leading-edge radius and slightly more offset, compared to MD3 wedges. The tight radius makes it easy to make clean contact on tight lies for maximum spin and control. “Tour pros like only a subtle amount of leading-edge radius,” said Roger. “In the Mack Daddy 4 we gave them enough to make a performance difference while still pleasing the eye.”
Three Grind Options: C, S, and New X
- MD4 Raw wedges are available in three grind options, each with generous camber from heel to toe for smooth turf interaction and solid feel.
- C Grind: Increased relief, especially at the heel, making it easier to play shots with the face open. Ideal for medium-to-shallow attack angles and/or firm course conditions. 8º bounce.
- S Grind: Medium-width sole with slight chamfer at the back and moderate heel relief to keep the leading edge low through impact, promoting solid contact on open-faced shots. 10º bounce.
- New X Grind: The newest grind features a narrow, high-bounce crescent sole, with the low point near the front. Excellent for moderate-to-steep attack angles and medium-to- soft course conditions. 12º bounce.
Uniquely Satisfying Feel
- Wedge feel is the product of several variables: CG location, sole, head material, finish, shaft and grip. We’ve carefully considered all of those elements, including the soft 8620 carbon steel head and the new Raw finish. Our system of four weight ports and milled aluminum medallions allows us to position the head’s CG progressively upward as loft increases for solid feel on every shot. The Dynamic Gold Tour-Issue 115 shaft and premium Lamkin UTx grip further enhance feel. These elements, combined with precise turf interaction from our bounce/grind options, give the MD4 the most satisfying feel we’ve ever accomplished in a wedge.
New Tour-proven Raw Finish
- MD4 Raw provides a premium, non-glare finish that the world’s best players love. And we’ve expanded the line with 15 different loft-bounce configurations (in 50/52/54/56/58/60/62), including two previously unreleased Tour-only models: the 54-X and 56-X Grind.
- S-Grind: 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60
- C-Grind: 54, 56, 58, 60, 62
- X-Grind: 54, 56, 58, 60
The New Standard for Wedge Performance
- Overall, MD4 wedges set a new and higher standard in performance and appearance. Shape, feel, spin, control, versatility, finish and detailing have all been elevated to the highest level we’ve ever achieved.
Features & Benefits
More Spin from Groove-In-Groove Technology
- Micro-positive surface texture with micro-grooves creates 84 cover-gripping points for max spin.
Three Sole Grinds to Suit a Variety of Playing Styles, Attack Angles and Course Conditions
- Multiple options to easily execute numerous types of shots from the fairway, rough and sand.
Satisfying Feel from Soft Carbon Steel, Precise CG Locations and Crisp Turf Interaction
- All three elements work together to deliver to remarkable feel at impact.
New Raw Finish
- Premium, non-glare, finish preferred by many of the world’s best players.
Wide Range of Lofts and Bounce Combinations
- 15 different loft-bounce options available in the Raw Finish, including two new Tour- proven models: 54-X and 56-X.