Complete Legal Product Name: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Wedges
Product One-Liner: Tour Validated Shape with Ultimate Precision and Control.
Product Intro: The new Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Wedges are premium forged designs, led by a new Tour validated shape, a new shallow Tour Grind, aggressive groove pattern and increased surface roughness for maximum control. They’re expertly crafted by Roger Cleveland and inspired by the major-winning performance of the Mack Daddy 2’s to give you more precision, greater spin and pinpoint control.
Features & Benefits
Tour Validated Shape
• Crafted by Callaway Chief Designer Roger Cleveland with a straighter leading edge and a higher toe
• The straighter leading edge creates better turf interaction through the ground and the higher toe is a favorite for Tour players. It’s a shape that inspires the confidence you need to go after delicate shots.
Forged High Performance Mack Daddy 2 Groove Pattern
• 39% larger grooves for 25% more spin out of the rough
• Increased surface roughness for more spin and control
• Pre conditions the face to add surface roughness after the micro grooves wear off
• Premium forged in 1020 Carbon steel for the softest feel
Custom Sole Grind
*Tour Grind (T Grind)
– Relief is ground from the heel and toe, so golfers can lay the face open while effectively reducing the bounce angle. This allows for the leading edge to get under the ball with proper sole contact for maximum spin and control.
• Chrome produces a rich, muted look that reduces glare
• Slate finish is pre-oxidized so that over time it will give you the Tour preferred distinctive, non-glare look
Retail Date: July 18
Retail Price: $129.99 each
Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Wedges – 6 Things You Want To Know
1. I’ve been hearing about Callaway’s new Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Wedge. What’s the story?
Glad you asked. For the Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind, we’ve taken all the core technologies of last year’s major-winning Mack Daddy 2 Wedges and combined them with several new key features, like the Tour validated shape and Tour grind.
It all adds up to a premium forged design built for maximum control, and it gives players the confidence to attack every shot around the green.
Our chief designer Roger Cleveland has worked his magic once again, and expertly crafted these wedges to give players ultimate precision, performance, greater spin and yes, pinpoint control.
These wedges will be available at retail on July 18, with a retail price of $129.99 each.
2. So you’re telling me they have all the best ingredients of the Mack Daddy 2 and even more performance features?
Yeah, that’s how we’re able to give you all that pinpoint control.
This wedge has a new shape with a straighter leading edge, and a higher toe that Tour players really like to see on wedges. A straighter leading edge leads to better turf interaction, so players can really go after the ball from any type of lie.
Another key addition is the new Tour grind (or T grind), a shallow design where the relief is ground from the heel and toe. This helps players get the leading edge under the ball to create maximum spin and control.
And of course, you’ll still get large grooves (39% larger than regular grooves to be exact), increased surface roughness that provides more spin and control, and a premium forged, 1020 Carbon steel design for soft feel. What else could you want or need in a wedge?
3. You’re really hammering home the Word “Tour” on this. What are the pros saying?
What they’re saying is that this is a great wedge. What’s even more telling though is that they’re quickly putting the Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind in play.
We introduced this wedge on Tour a few weeks back, and already these are some of the guys who have put it into play:
Pat Perez, Matt Every, Patrick Reed, Freddie Jacobson, Branden Grace, Brian Stuard, Stuart Appleby, Sang-Moon Bae, Danny Lee and Nicolas Colsaerts.
Again, they’re just some of the guys who have put Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind in play. We built it with a shape that most pros prefer, and as the numbers show us, they’re initial response has been overwhelmingly positive.
4. Okay, the Tour players are on board. Why should a regular golfer play this wedge?
Again, it boils down to the precision and control, and how they can attack the ball on short shots. The shape creates better turf interaction and the grind helps them make proper contact from the rough, out of bunkers or from a tight lie. With this club, they’ll have the confidence to make clean contact regardless of the lie, so they can be aggressive on each shot.
5. Very cool. What are the specs on this wedge?
It goes like this – we have 52°, 54°, 56°, 58° and 60° offerings. Here’s a deeper rundown:
52° – 10° of bounce, 35.375” long, available in left hand
54° – 11° of bounce, 35.25” long, not available in left hand
56° – 11° of bounce, 35.25” long, available in left hand
58° – 9° of bounce, 35.125” long, available in left hand
60° – 9° of bounce, 35.125” long, available in left hand
6. Can you sum up the Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind in one sentence?
It builds on the performance of Mack Daddy 2 with new Tour preferred technology for maximum spin and control, so you can play every shot around the green with ultimate confidence.