The New Golf Range Association of America Mission Statement:
The mission statement of the Golf Range Association of America is to harness the combined power of all golf range owners, operators and staff at all types of facilities to grow their revenues, enhance their careers and help grow the game of golf.
Executive Staff Contact:
Rick Summers, CEO
Kirk Pagenkopf, President
Peter Sansone, COO
Brian Folino, President
Patrick Cherry, General Manager
GRAA Advisory Board:
David Beltre, Chelsea Piers
Mark Caster, PGA, Top Golf
Darrell Crall, PGA of America
Patrick Eggeling, PGA, Old Oaks Country Club
Bruce Fleming, Makefield Highlands Golf Club
Bruce Gerlander, PGA, Orange County National Golf Center & Lodge
Lou Guzzi, PGA, Lou Guzzi Golf Academy
Katherine Jemsek, Jemsek Golf
Tony Martinez, PGA, Keeton Park Golf Course
Greg Mason, PGA, Legend Trail Golf Club
Mike Malaska, PGA, Superstition Mountain Golf & Country Club
Del Ratcliffe, PGA, Sunset Hills Golf Course
Susan Roll, PGA, Carlsbad Golf Center
Joe Vrankin, Top Golf
Mike Woods, PGA, Haggin Oaks Golf Complex
Our company, GGRW Inc., has been producing results in the golf industry for more than 20 years. Today, we publish the world’s leading trade magazine in golf, PGA Magazine; the country’s leading regional golf publication, The Met Golfer; and golf’s leading trade website, PGAmagazine.com. Our PGA Best Practice e-mails are opened by over 10,000 trade recipients every week.
We annually manage four national trade conferences, over 30 regional conferences and co-own and co-manage the world’s largest professional equipment expo, Demo Day at the PGA Merchandise Show. We publish digital magazines and consumer and trade print publications.
When we purchased the assets of the Golf Range Association from founder Steve di Costanzo this past September, we committed ourselves to helping lift the GRAA to the next level. So from today forward, the new GRAA will be based on certain core principles:
- Golf and golf ranges should be fun. We are in the leisure and entertainment business. We want to learn how the best operators are making it fun for their customers every day and to help to spread the word of their successes.
- The game needs more customers, playing more often, and enjoying it more. Every company with a vested interest in the golf business needs golf ranges to succeed and by ranges I mean all of them. Our mission is to help every range learn new ways to be more successful financially while helping to grow the number of customers.
- To make it happen, we want to reach every range in America: standalone ranges, ranges at public courses, municipal courses, resorts and those at every private golf club.
- The new GRAA is inviting every facility to participate at no membership cost. This means that more than 12,000 facilities will now have open access to all the basic membership benefits.
- In order to be effective, we need frequent communication with the membership. We will be creating digital publications every month. Ten of these issues will be B2B, under the Golf Range Magazine title. Two of them will be digital GRAA magazines created specifically for range users—making it possible for GRAA facilities to send these two publications to every one of their customers at absolutely no cost.
- Best Practice e-mails written by private, public, resort and standalone range managers and teachers will be a key component. We believe that no one knows the business of ranges better than the people who manage them every day.
- Golf instruction is central to ranges. So we are devoted to offering quality B2B and B2C instruction content throughout the year.
- Strong research on trends and performance will be a priority. We are collaborating on research with The PGA, the NGF, and Pellucid. And we anticipate creating regular surveys of the membership across multiple topic areas.
- Face-to-face networking is more important than ever. The GRAA is committed to providing members with opportunities to meet and interact with other range owners, managers and teaching professionals.
- Recognition of the best in the field will be expanded. We want to identify the best in the field and recognize their achievements.